PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] The startup background?

seamustry
February 13th, 2009, 03:56 AM
what is the background called when ubuntu is preparing to load the login screen and after the login before it loads your desktop wallpaper? it's an orange screen...

and how do i change it?

thanks! :P

cerealtx
February 13th, 2009, 03:58 AM
System->Appear->Background Tab-> color at the bottom

seamustry
February 13th, 2009, 03:26 PM
thanks for the reply but that's not what i'm talking about.

if i go there, the color that is selected is brown but the background that i see in between entering my user/pass and before ubuntu loads the wallpaper, is an orange screen that comes up...

i don't know what it's called. i just want to change that.

BDNiner
February 13th, 2009, 04:22 PM
It is called the splash screen. You need to install gnome-splashscreen-manager to change it. The option will be under System->Preferences->Splash Screen.

seamustry
February 13th, 2009, 08:16 PM
It is called the splash screen. You need to install gnome-splashscreen-manager to change it. The option will be under System->Preferences->Splash Screen.

isn't the splash screen the ubuntu logo with the loading bar?

philinux
February 13th, 2009, 08:23 PM
System>admin>login window. Click the local tab. Background colour. You can also use the eye dropper to pick your colour.

BDNiner
February 13th, 2009, 08:28 PM
isn't the splash screen the ubuntu logo with the loading bar?

They are both splash screens. the one you are talking about is called the grub splash screen and the program i recommended controls the gnome splash screen which is the screen after you put in your password and before you desktop loads. It is old days ubuntu would use the gnome splash screen which shows nautilus loading and other apps but they removed the packages for some reason.

seamustry
February 13th, 2009, 10:14 PM
thank you to both BDNiner and philinux!