PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Missing top panel

grantcentral
February 13th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Help me!
I had the stick notes application go nuts and place numerous sticky notes on the top panel. I tried to remove them individually but to no avail. It covered over the apps on the top panel so they are no longer accessible. :confused:

Now the top panel has disappeared after a reboot. :( Does anyone have an idea how to get the panel back? Then after that does anyone have an idea how to get rid of all the sticky notes?

Thanks
Bill
:popcorn:

WatchingThePain
February 13th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Hi,

Yeah click on the other panel and choose add panel.
It's just right clicking.
You can customise what's on the panel.
You can remove the notes application from add remove software.

Simian Man
February 13th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Right click on the bottom panel and choose "New Panel". Then add stuff to it by right-clicking the new panel and choosing "Add to Panel".

UbuntuNerd
February 13th, 2009, 04:13 AM
type this commands in a terminal all at once to restore your panels to default like it was before:

gconftool-2 --shutdown
rm -rf ~/.gconf/apps/panel
pkill gnome-panel

jflaker
February 13th, 2009, 04:16 AM
type this commands in a terminal all at once to restore your panels to default like it was before:

gconftool-2 --shutdown
rm -rf ~/.gconf/apps/panel
pkill gnome-panel

I just had to do that about 4 hours ago because my panels were all messed.....rm the panel folder then logout/login and the panels will be restored to "out of the box".

jjcylk
July 28th, 2010, 06:04 PM
I glad this was out there. I am another newbie & blew away my top panel. This restored it like I wanted:D