PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Flash player isnt working

epqr
February 12th, 2009, 11:48 PM
So first i tried to install adobe flash, with no success. Firefox kept telling me that i needed a plugin. so i was going to try another flash player. I had used gnash before, but i noticed it was a new plugin on the list, so i decided to try that. I won't go into detail on how bad it was, but it din't really do the job for me. I really don't know what to search for in the package mamanger. Ive tried to search for flash, but i only get one package up with flash in the description and thats the adobe package.

So how can i remove this? anyone know the name of the plugin?

Doug11
February 12th, 2009, 11:54 PM
So first i tried to install adobe flash, with no success. Firefox kept telling me that i needed a plugin. so i was going to try another flash player. I had used gnash before, but i noticed it was a new plugin on the list, so i decided to try that. I won't go into detail on how bad it was, but it din't really do the job for me. I really don't know what to search for in the package mamanger. Ive tried to search for flash, but i only get one package up with flash in the description and thats the adobe package.

So how can i remove this? anyone know the name of the plugin?
try a search in synaptic for flash non-free plugin,,try installing that.

t4ggs
February 13th, 2009, 12:06 AM
go the the applications menu, add/remove and install the "ubuntu restricted extras"...it contains flash player, jre, and codecs..