PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] WoW, wine, gecko installer... gecko isn't working it seems

Rrasyrogenees
February 12th, 2009, 08:55 PM
i bought a new video card which caused many things for me to do. it is the nvidia 9800 gt and i got the driver in and reinstalled the OS to do so. then i installed my sound card (another long story) and then wine. after i got the download client from WoW i tried to install that and it won't let me get past the end user agreement... won't let me select "agree" but it WILL allow me to "disagree"... lol... i think that is funny but it still doesn't make me happy... hmmm. i noticed before when i was able to download thru the client before my video card change, that the gecko screen would pop up and i would have to choose on that before i could go to the end user agreement... it doesn't seem to do that now. it seeems to me that i need the gecko installer fixed but i have looked many many places to see about how to and couldn't find anything.... any ideas?

Ugluk
February 13th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Error with World of Warcraft license agreement comes from error in Wine, which cause incorrect control height calculation. Upgrading wine to 1.0.14 should work.

ptn107
February 13th, 2009, 02:13 AM
It won't let you select 'agree' until you scroll to the bottom of the EULA.

johnjohn2
February 13th, 2009, 02:21 AM
Error with World of Warcraft license agreement comes from error in Wine, which cause incorrect control height calculation. Upgrading wine to 1.0.14 should work.

The development unstable version to me is one of the best

Rrasyrogenees
February 13th, 2009, 04:35 AM
i have had to download WoW too many times not to know i need to scroll to the bottom ptn107 but i appreciate the thought.

i have already the 1.1.14 version installed... is there something i can do in the wine configuration that might help? or is it back to my video card? i was told that the nvidia 9000 series drivers are not like the previous ones and do not play well with wine... but i was hopeful that someone else has had this problem and could help... we will see