PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] apt-get upgrade errors

wojtek.bogusz
February 12th, 2009, 07:22 PM
hi, i upgraded from 7.10 to 8.04 today and upgrade messed up my ldap configuration. it hang when trying to retrieve the ldap database backup. i managed to sort it all by hand but now each time i run apt-get i get message like below. how can i get rid of it? help... -- Wojtek

# apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
Setting up slapd (2.4.9-0ubuntu0.8.04.2) ...
Backing up /etc/ldap/slapd.conf in /var/backups/slapd-2.3.35-1ubuntu0.3... done.
Upgrading BDB 'checkpoint' options... .
Moving old database directories to /var/backups:

Backup path /var/backups/dc=frontline-2.3.35-1ubuntu0.3.ldapdb exists. Giving up...
dpkg: error processing slapd (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
slapd
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

zvacet
February 13th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Try

sudo dpkg --configure slapd

wojtek.bogusz
February 13th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Try

sudo dpkg --configure slapd

thank you, but this will try to recofigure the package again. and it failed to do this already: "dpkg: error processing slapd (--configure)" (see above). also i do not want it to mess with the configuration. last time it did this during the 'apt-get upgrade' i had to manually solve all the problems it created. i just want to remove the need of configuration. i want to spot where is this information that "1 not fully installed or removed" package exist. and remove it. so when i run 'apt-get upgrade' it does not try to configure sldap. it runs clean. -- W

zvacet
February 14th, 2009, 06:26 PM
i want to spot where is this information that "1 not fully installed or removed" package exist. and remove it.

That package is slapd,because it is not installed (failed to configure).If you want you can remove it with

sudo dpkg --remove --force-remove-reinstreq slapd

wojtek.bogusz
February 16th, 2009, 11:13 AM
That package is slapd,because it is not installed (failed to configure).If you want you can remove it with

sudo dpkg --remove --force-remove-reinstreq slapd

hi, thank you. i think i have a difficulty of explaining myself :-) sorry!

i do not want to remove the sldap package. i do need sldap. it is working ok now. and is configured well. i just want to remove the need of configuring this package that is written somewhere in apt-get/dpkg configuration settings/files. so apt-get runs clean. and i do not know how to clean those apt-get configuration files.