PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] GConf error

jfcous
February 12th, 2009, 03:42 PM
A recent update (it included gnome power controler (?) update) apparently changed my configuration settings - how can I return to the previous settings?

I can boot but reach a jumbled screen whithout my normal panel icons.

Very much a newbie

thanks
jfcous

Roger Steiner
February 13th, 2009, 06:35 AM
When the GRUB menu appears, hit the ESC key and a menu with different options will appear. Down key to the prior Linux version and hit enter. It should load the last working version.

I have a Compaq desktop that is doing strange things since my upgrade to 7.10 and I have to revert to the prior Linux version.

jfcous
February 17th, 2009, 03:29 AM
When the GRUB menu appears, hit the ESC key and a menu with different options will appear. Down key to the prior Linux version and hit enter. It should load the last working version.

I have a Compaq desktop that is doing strange things since my upgrade to 7.10 and I have to revert to the prior Linux version.

Thanks for the suggestion but it does not work. The same Gnome Configuration program is used for all of the distributions on my system. I will need to either figure out how to repair the gconf menu or perhaps I can download a new one to replace it.

Thanks for trying.

jfcous