PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] LXP installation causes "session lasted less than 10 seconds" error

quinnvanorder
February 12th, 2009, 12:00 AM
I am completely unfamiliar with Linux, but really want to learn, however i am not an idiot when it comes to computers. i would rate my proficiency with windows as expert. as a project for the local school district i am trying to create a custom build of ubuntu that we can place on old junker pc's and then donate to causes that need basic computers. the functionality that is needed is the ability to browse the web and basic word processing. now so far, i have been able to google any problems that i had and have it all working. but, in the interest of making the computer look familiar to pc users, i installed something called lxp. a package that re-skins ubuntu to make it look and act like windows xp. after some time i got it installed. now when i am in the login screen, under options i can set it to LXP it will accept my username and password, but it will then open a window with the "session lasted less than 10 seconds" error dialog. however, when i set it back to just normal ubuntu in the settings it works fine... why is this and how do i fix it?

here is what it said in the error file

/etc/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
Setting IM through im-switch for locale=en_CA.
Start IM through /etc/XLL/xinit/xinput.d/all_all linked to /etx/XLLxinit/xinput.d/default.

here is the url to download lxp

any help is appreciated
http://lxp.sourceforge.net/

jpeddicord
February 13th, 2009, 02:48 AM
This thread or post has been moved from the Desktop Effects & Customization forum as the posted content is considered off-topic.

Desktop Effects & Customization is a forum for discussing:

Compositing managers such as Compiz
Themes (window themes, widget themes, backgrounds, etc)
Appearance preferences

Your post did not fit any of these categories, so it has been moved.

Common types of off-topic threads include:

GNOME/KDE/XFCE help in general
Hardware problems not directly related to compositing

Thanks,
Jacob