PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Fix this error to stop Skynet

maximuspryme
February 11th, 2009, 05:56 AM
So, I have this old Dell laptop with integrated graphics and a spare monitor. I changed the xorg.conf file so that the resolution was 1280 * 1840, so that I can effectively use the second monitor. This worked fine in hardy heron, but I updated to 8.1. I thought everything was cool, just a boy and his laptop. But Ubuntu has become sinister, and it is now alive and we must let it know who's boss.

Here's the situation. Currently, I can use the entire screen to display windows, and full screen only fills the monitor is currently on. That all works fine, but I can only drag and drop files to an 800 * 600 square in the upper left hand corner. So, even though the resolution works fine for windows, the desktop environment seems to be giving me guff. It is learning how to be a minor nuisance. I wouldn't have realized it if that was all, I would let it go. I would say, "It's only a bug. There's a fix". But it also harasses me about my effing background. MY EFFING BACKGROUND! That is where you cross the line! Only something evil would mess with geek's background.

Instead of stretching the background to the entire screen, like I demand of it, it instead decides to tile it (IT LOOKS SO HORRIBLE and evil), suspiciously along the same 800*600 box that I am confined to dragging files on. If this is not a sign of the upcoming robopocalypse, I don't know what is. It starts at a background, and ends at the enslavement of humanity. Stop Skynet! Enlist your services today!

dhtseany
May 31st, 2009, 06:50 AM
Hahahahahahahaha! I'm not gonna lie, I'm watching T3 and I started thinking about the world-wide virus and wondered "Gee, since I'm running UB, would I be safe???". So, me being me, I googled "ubuntu skynet" and came across this post. I know I'm not helping but just thought this was too good to not say something!

Peace
Sean