PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] trouble updating via update manager...

samuraitor
February 11th, 2009, 04:49 AM
hi there,

I am running ubuntu 8.10 on XPS 1330.

When I try to update through update manager for updates I keep getting the message below;

GPG error: http://au.archive.ubuntu.com intrepid-security Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 40976EAF437D05B5 Ubuntu Archive Automatic Signing Key <ftpmaster@ubuntu.com>Failed to fetch cdrom:[Ubuntu 8.10 _Intrepid Ibex_ - Release i386 (20081029.5)]/dists/intrepid/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
Failed to fetch cdrom:[Ubuntu 8.10 _Intrepid Ibex_ - Release i386 (20081029.5)]/dists/intrepid/restricted/binary-i386/Packages.gz Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

I am my uni´s superfast internet and everything is working ok except that little thing.

How do I go about fixing this gentleman?

Partyboi2
February 11th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Go to Software Sources (System>Admin>Software Sources) and on the first tab make sure the option to use cdrom as installable medium is unticked.