PDA

View Full Version : Set up Opera Mail so that it doesn't delete my email from the server

smartboyathome
February 11th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Well, today I decided to give Opera a fair shot at being my web browser. I need clear step by step instructions on using Gmail with Opera, as usually when I try to use my email with any email client, it ends up deleting the email on the server (something I can't have happen since I use my email in multiple locations). I tried searching, but nothing came up about the email being deleted from the server.

kevin11951
February 11th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Well, today I decided to give Opera a fair shot at being my web browser. I need clear step by step instructions on using Gmail with Opera, as usually when I try to use my email with any email client, it ends up deleting the email on the server (something I can't have happen since I use my email in multiple locations). I tried searching, but nothing came up about the email being deleted from the server.

there should be a "leave mail on server" option, there is on every other client out there

smartboyathome
February 11th, 2009, 04:35 AM
there should be a "leave mail on server" option, there is on every other client out there

I went through the setup up until the Finish button appears (I don't want to risk having my email deleted), and there is no leave mail on server option. Only options for POP and IMAP.

kevin11951
February 11th, 2009, 04:36 AM
I went through the setup up until the Finish button appears (I don't want to risk having my email deleted), and there is no leave mail on server option. Only options for POP and IMAP.

look in an advanced options type of area, after initial install.

smartboyathome
February 11th, 2009, 04:48 AM
look in an advanced options type of area, after initial install.

There is none. I guess I will have to bite the bullet, set it up, and pray that I still have email. :(

MellonCollie
February 11th, 2009, 04:55 AM
When you create your pop3 account in Opera there's a 'leave messages on server' tick box on the server details screen. (If you're using IMAP you don't have to worry. The emails will only be deleted if you delete them)

smartboyathome
February 11th, 2009, 05:00 AM
When you create your pop3 account in Opera there's a 'leave messages on server' tick box on the server details screen. (If you're using IMAP you don't have to worry. The emails will only be deleted if you delete them)

Thanks. I used IMAP and it did leave them on the server. I guess I am fine then. :)

Vince4Amy
February 11th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Check the all mail tab on the Googlemail web interfact. Although my email always gets deleted from the inbox, it always ends up going in All Mail.