PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] no title bar for Kontact

aeltester
February 10th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Hey all,
I've got mint 6 (based on ubuntu) on my machine.

I'm former KDE-user so I wanna take all my nice KDE tools (amarok, digikam, kontact) with me. All these used to work fine. Today (I don't think I changed anything lately) I fired up kontact. The weird thing, I've got no window decorations, no title bar and no frame around the window. Moreover, it runs on fullscreen (can't see taskbar and such).
Since I'm working with compiz enabled I'm able to press alt+mouseR and choose Minimize/Maximize/Unmaximize/resize/move... resize doesn't work, neither does alt+mouseM. Only difference between maximized and unmaximized is that in unmaximized state, the window doesn't snap to all the screen-edges immideately when I move it in expo.

I already reinstalled kontact. Doesn't help.

Does anyone know of a config file that might have gotten messed up?

thanks in advance

:P

aeltester
February 11th, 2009, 07:36 PM
solved... just redid the kontactrc in ~/.kde/share/config.

cydejsn
March 27th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Could you be so kind as to tell me what you changed? I have the same problem. Thanks.

aBitLater
March 29th, 2009, 09:57 PM
same here... if you could, please provide the details to the fix

aBitLater
March 29th, 2009, 10:04 PM
well, here's what I did:

In the kontactrc file, there is this section...

[MainWindow]
Height 900=812
State=AAAA/wAAAAD9AAAAAAAABjMAAALMAAAABAAAAAQAAAAIAAAACPwAAAA BAAAAAgAAAAIAAAAWAG0AYQBpAG4AVABvAG8AbABCAGEAcgEAA AAAAAAGMwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIABuAGEAdgBpAGcAYQB0AG8AcgB UAG8AbwBsAEIAYQByAAAAAAD/////AAAAAAAAAAA=
Width 1600=1587

Somehow my height had changed to 901, and width had changed to 1601, more than my resolution. I suspect it has something to do with compiz, which I enabled today.

So, manually change the height and width to something like "100" less than your resolution, then load kontact. After starting kontact, you can resize it to your choice, and the kontactrc file will be updated automatically.

cydejsn
March 30th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Actually, I found another fix somewhere else. (Sorry, I went to so many different places I cannot give credit where due). It was a Compiz issue for me as well. What worked for me was to UNCHECK Legacy Fullscreen Support under Workarounds in the CompizConfig Settings Manager. Just wanted to post this in case it helps anyone else. Thanks for your reply, aBitLater!