PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Libgpod 0.7

LoermansA
February 10th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Hi,

I use Amarok (1.4.10) to sync my iPod Classic with my library through libgpod 0.6), all from Intrepids repository. I've found out that libgpod 0.6 makes everything relating to album art slow; for example; switching from playmode to cover flow or waiting for the actual covers in cover flow (instead of that gray question music note picture). I've found in several posts on the interweb that the 0.6 version of libgpod causes this and that 0.7 fixes this issue (something to do with compressing the pictures).

So my question; does anybody know when 0.7 will be available through the regular repository. I've tried compiling but found myself with a libgpod without coverart support (because it thinks I don't have GDKPIXBUF enabled, which I do, but it's also from the repository and probably an earlier version).

Long story, simple question.

Regards,

Arjan

LoermansA
March 5th, 2009, 09:18 AM
I've found Chris Conway's repository:

https://launchpad.net/~cconway/+archive/ppa

That seems to work,

Arjan

Wobblybob
March 28th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Hi LoermansA,
I use Amarok to sync my 80 GB iPod Classic and have noticed that album art view is slow, when you installed the libgpod 0.7 did you delete all your music and start again or just update album art to get this to work?

Martin