PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to force Open Office to use the gnome/gtk theme?

deletarus
February 10th, 2009, 07:02 AM
So I just uninstalled my .deb package OOo3 and added Open Office 3 to the repos using this tutorial http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-To-Install-OpenOffice-org-3-0-in-Ubuntu-8-10-96449.shtml
But now, my open office doesn't use my theme. It just uses the boring default theme. (I'm using Darkroom btw).

Does anyone know how to fix this?
I tried placing "OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=gnome" in my ~/.bashrc file but it didn't seem to do anything. It's possible I put in the wrong spot, I have no idea...

Please, if anyone knows, HELP. It's sooooo ugly.

GeorgeMurango
February 24th, 2009, 10:39 PM
I have the exact same problem. I couldn't get the theme to work, but under Tools -> Customize there are some color options that could at least make it stand out a bit less

kyouens
February 25th, 2009, 03:17 AM
Under Tools->Options->Openoffice.org->Views you can also select an icon set. After I installed Openoffice 3 using the tutorial linked above I had the option to select the Human icon set, and my Openoffice.org visual style looks pretty good with Gnome. Take a look and see if you've got something else selected perhaps.

zurcherart
May 4th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Did you figure this out in the meantime? Was having the same problem until found this.

The openoffice.org-gnome package has to be installed for gnome integration. It wasn't installed with the base when I reinstalled open office after the initial install.

Find that package in Synaptic, install the dependency it suggests as well (openoffice.org-gtk I think).

I had to log out and log back in before open office used the new package.

Then it worked for me.

Buce
August 1st, 2009, 09:05 PM
For people using something like fluxbox, who don't need the GNOME integration, you can also add

export OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=gnome

to your ~/.fluxbox/startup in order to get the gtk theme to be applied.

Dullstar
August 1st, 2009, 09:25 PM
That's odd. It works fine for me. What version are you using, along with what variant?

Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, etc.
Any of these can have GNOME installed as an extra.

LoloftheRings
November 11th, 2009, 11:28 PM
If anyone is wondering how to do this for gnome:

System -> preferences -> startup applications/session

press the add button and enter the following:

Name: OOo theme
Command: export OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=gnome
Description: Sets the OOo theme to the gnome theme

Log out, log in and see the results!

I haven't tested this, but I think it will work.