PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu booting to "$Starting Nessus:" screen instead of the OS?

bladd
February 10th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Hi all,

I attempted to install Nessus v3 in my Ubuntu 8.10. I did this all through the terminal and it looked like everything went ok. I fumbled around trying to find the FEcleint but could not(Just FYI). Well I restarted Ubuntu and now it boots to a DOS looking page that goes through a bunch of checks displaying "[ok]" and at the bottom it shows this prompt - $Starting Nessus:. I'm not sure if i'm supposed to do something. I was under the impression I would get back into Ubuntu(OS) and be able to make some tweaks and make sure I added the FE(frontend GUI,nessuscleint). Can anyone help me in remedying this situation? Because as of right now I cant even get into my OS! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

bladd
March 1st, 2009, 04:04 PM
Never mind guys and gals. I'm just going to start over with 9.04. Thats a quick fix!

wpshooter
March 1st, 2009, 04:44 PM
I don't think I would recommend trying to use 9.04 at this point, since it is not a "finished" O/S yet !!!

bladd
March 1st, 2009, 05:09 PM
Sure. Not yet, I agree. I'm dual booting Vista and 8.10, or was! I'll more than likely wait till the official release. Although I did have a friend that downloaded a torrent of 9.04. I suggested he wait also. Right now I can get by with Vista as it contains all my security tools. But when the time comes does anyone have any experienced tips on replacing my 8.10 with 9.04 on a dual boot drive?