PDA

View Full Version : It's funny how most of the anit linux blogs are hosted on Linux servers

ade234uk
February 9th, 2009, 07:42 AM
I am getting sick and tired of seeing these blogs saying that "Linux will never be better than Windows", "Microsoft will kill Linux on the Desktop" Do these fools not realise that they are using a Linux server to create their blog and if it was not for open source the internet would be a different place.

diwas
February 9th, 2009, 07:45 AM
You're probably right. But I say - ignore them. (y)

Cheers!

etnlIcarus
February 9th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Using a *nix server is not the same as using *nix on the desktop. There's no hypocrisy to be found there.

and if it was not for open source the internet would be a different place...and? I was expecting some kind of point to be made here.

v8YKxgHe
February 9th, 2009, 08:40 AM
I am getting sick and tired of seeing these blogs saying that "Linux will never be better than Windows", "Microsoft will kill Linux on the Desktop" Do these fools not realise that they are using a Linux server....

Emphasis added by moi ;)

karellen
February 9th, 2009, 09:39 AM
nobody argues the feasibility of Linux on servers. they're talking about desktops

v8YKxgHe
February 9th, 2009, 09:42 AM
nobody argues the feasibility of Linux on servers. they're talking about desktops

Exactly, which is my point. The op finds it funny that these blogs are running on Linux servers, when the actual blogs are complaining about Linux on the desktop. So there is no irony or anything funny about it ;)

Giant Speck
February 9th, 2009, 09:44 AM
using a *nix server is not the same as using *nix on the desktop. There's no hypocrisy to be found there.

...and? I was expecting some kind of point to be made here.

+1

etnlIcarus
February 9th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Using a *nix server is not the same as using *nix on the desktop. There's no hypocrisy to be found there.

...and? I was expecting some kind of point to be made here.

Emphasis added by moi ;)

facepalm.jpg

Giant Speck
February 9th, 2009, 09:51 AM
facepalm.jpg

They really need to add http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk122/SpecKtacle/facepalm-1.gif to the emoticons list.

billgoldberg
February 9th, 2009, 10:38 AM
I have to agree with the OP.

Most of the hate blogs don't know their site is running on a Linux server.

Most of them don't "diss" Linux on the desktop, but Linux as an OS (hobbyist, ...).

Most of them have never heard of a server, but still, they are talking about the OS.

perce
February 9th, 2009, 02:04 PM
What I find really funny is that some people has such strong feelings toward an OS they don't use, and find enough time to write a blog on it (I don't even have time to write a blog on the things I like...).

But I find a little funny too that we are talking about them, instead of fixing our unsupported hardware with long and obscure command lines ;)

SunnyRabbiera
February 9th, 2009, 02:14 PM
well dont be fooled by linuxhaters if thats what you are aiming at, its owner is a linux user.

Johnsie
February 9th, 2009, 04:48 PM
My home/web server uses Ubuntu server. But sometimes on my blog I acknowledge that there are some aspects of Linux that aren't great. There's nothing wrong with admitting that Linux is not better at all things. Linux has it's benefits for some tasks and Windows is better for other tasks. If I was in denial I would say Linux is the best at everything, but then I would be misleading people.