PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] User Not Known To The Underlying Authentication Module" when installing

Arnack
February 8th, 2009, 06:36 PM
I succesfuly installed Ubuntu 8.10 on my PC but it turned out my graphics card did not have any supported drivers, so I was suggested by a few people to downgrade to version 8.04, so I downloaded the ISO and burned it to a blank CD.

I then booted from the CD, chose my language, and chose to install Ubuntu. It then outputs this:

[ 49.789281] .. MP-BIOS bug: 8254 timer could not connected to IO-APIC
Load, please wait...

User Not Known To The Underlying Authentication Module

Any help? Thanks.

Arnack
February 8th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Hopefuly double posting isn't againast the rules, but I have work real soon and if I can't get this working by that time I'm going to be in a real predicament.

Arnack
February 8th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Ever since I installed Ubuntu I can't seem to crrectly boot from a disk. It takes 15-30 reboots to succesfully boot from a disk, and when it does, I usually get some sort of error.
I tried burning another Ubuntu disk, same problem. I tried booting from a Windows disk to get XP back on my machine, and it gives me a blue screen.

I wish I never installed Ubuntu and I'm definately not recommending it to me friends.
I guess I am going to take out my harddrive, wipe it clean, and install a new partition, or just buy a new harddrive.

Thanks for the help!