PDA

View Full Version : ShipIt ubuntu CD's

spdl
December 20th, 2005, 07:50 PM
This is my order:
9 CDs requested in 2005-11-28. 9 CDs approved and sent to the shipping company in 2005-11-30. Please note orders usually take from 4 to 6 weeks to deliver, depending on the country of shipping.

Are the CD's coming from Canonical, Ltd. Douglas, Isle of Man? I'm in the USA, so if it is, I should expect it in 6 weeks total? Like mid-January?

Enter
December 20th, 2005, 07:55 PM
well if you have broadband why not download it and just burn 9 cds?
itll take you one day

Wallakoala
December 20th, 2005, 08:10 PM
well if you have broadband why not download it and just burn 9 cds?
itll take you one day

Not even one day. Just download the iso...and burn one at a time.
But sometimes people want to give the discs to other people...and the ShipIt cd's look cooler and more professional.

spdl
December 20th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Not even one day. Just download the iso...and burn one at a time.
But sometimes people want to give the discs to other people...and the ShipIt cd's look cooler and more professional.

Thanks Wallakoala.

That's one reason why I ordered them. To distribute them with a professional look.

I support ubuntu and appreciate this service that they offer.

stuporglue
December 20th, 2005, 08:14 PM
I think mine were shipped from the Netherlands. It did take about 6 weeks though.

I ordered 70 or so because our UUG is giving them away at events each semester, and I give them with the computers I give away (stuporglue.org). I think recieving a nice looking product has an influence on how people see Linux, especially when it's the first time they're hearing about it.

spdl
December 20th, 2005, 08:22 PM
I think mine were shipped from the Netherlands. It did take about 6 weeks though.

I ordered 70 or so because our UUG is giving them away at events each semester, and I give them with the computers I give away (stuporglue.org). I think recieving a nice looking product has an influence on how people see Linux, especially when it's the first time they're hearing about it.

Awesome stuporglue. Thanks for the info!