PDA

View Full Version : Well...I got a tattoo today...

PhoHammer
February 8th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Here she is:
http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii451/magnatecha/IMG00141-1.jpg

konqueror7
February 8th, 2009, 07:02 AM
is it real?

its not obvious that you like (x)ubuntu that much...lol:D

PhoHammer
February 8th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Yeah, it's real real according to my bank account (to the tune of $130, which is still less than Vista cost me and I got sweet art). I admire the meaning of ubuntu (the word) and I like xubuntu colors better than ubuntu colors. The mouse, however, wasn't going on my arm lol. Also, I feel the subtle symbol of efficiency (i.e. avoiding wastefulness) in the xubuntu aspect of it.

konqueror7
February 8th, 2009, 07:22 AM
great! maybe i would not get that far tho...

haven't tried xubuntu yet, is it worth it, maybe it will also mess my sessions just like when i tried kde desktop in my ubuntu?

PhoHammer
February 8th, 2009, 07:24 AM
It's my first ubuntu distro. I chose it for its "small memory footprint" just because I like that sort of thing. I'm not sure what switching would do, though...

jrusso2
February 8th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Here she is:

I kind of liked the original Ubuntu trademark that had the naked men and women on it.

Eisenwinter
February 8th, 2009, 08:43 AM
I'd get a Tux tattoo if I had the money for it.

And a few others, that aren't Linux related.

PhoHammer
February 8th, 2009, 08:43 AM
you got that original? I've never seen it...

Kujen
February 8th, 2009, 09:09 AM
"What's that symbol mean?"

"You see, it's the logo of a Linux distribution called Ubuntu"

"I...see"

CorvisRex
February 8th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Alright! Like it! It does my heart good to see the number of Linux related tatoos around. I mean when was the last time you saw a Windows logo tatooed, or Citibank? Hell, my daughter, now 18, wants her next tatoo to be a nice TUX. <proud father beaming> I tried to explain to her that she had to be careful, the 18 year old nerds will probably have a full-scale stroke if they saw an 18 year old girl with a tux tatoo. At least follow her around like puppies.

Personally, I am trying to figure out where I can put more ink so I can work in a tux somewhere.

Noblacktie
February 8th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Ahh...

I can only hope that you drew that on with a spare Kilometrico.

Giant Speck
February 8th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Uh..... wow.

grotto
February 8th, 2009, 12:38 PM

"I...see"

:lol:

The Joe
February 8th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Oh dear...

Eisenwinter
February 8th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Alright! Like it! It does my heart good to see the number of Linux related tatoos around. I mean when was the last time you saw a Windows logo tatooed, or Citibank? Hell, my daughter, now 18, wants her next tatoo to be a nice TUX. <proud father beaming> I tried to explain to her that she had to be careful, the 18 year old nerds will probably have a full-scale stroke if they saw an 18 year old girl with a tux tatoo. At least follow her around like puppies.

Personally, I am trying to figure out where I can put more ink so I can work in a tux somewhere.
Can I please have your daughter's phone number?

(Joke ;))

PrimoTurbo
February 8th, 2009, 11:41 PM
That looks horrible sorry.

zakany
February 9th, 2009, 03:44 AM
http://sydfish.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/zune-tattoo.jpg

The best I can say about your tattoo is that you didn't pick it out of the catalog.

Every tattoo gets old and outdated, eventually.

http://www.neatorama.com/images/2006-07/bad-star-wars-tattoo.jpg

PhoHammer
February 9th, 2009, 03:53 AM
Yeah, the zune tattoo is infamous lol. I purposely got mine in an easily concealed location and I doubt I will ever regret it too much. I can always avoid sleeveless shirts, seeing as how I've never owned one.

Oh and thanks, PrimoTurbo, you're awesome

PrimoTurbo
Re: Well...I got a tattoo today...

73ckn797
February 9th, 2009, 04:06 AM
http://sydfish.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/zune-tattoo.jpg

The best I can say about your tattoo is that you didn't pick it out of the catalog.

Every tattoo gets old and outdated, eventually.

http://www.neatorama.com/images/2006-07/bad-star-wars-tattoo.jpg

I hope that you are getting paid to advertise all of that stuff. If not you had better make sure you are not infringing on copyrighted material...............:p

benny bronx
February 9th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Great tattoo, but the above posts show that one should really think about the long-term consequences of a tattoo. Man, I wish I saw this thread before I got my Milli Vanilli tat.

73ckn797
February 9th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Great tattoo, but the above posts show that one should really think about the long-term consequences of a tattoo. Man, I wish I saw this thread before I got my Milli Vanilli tat.

I think I understand what you are saying. I do not and never will get a tattoo. Like billboards, they change every month.

steveneddy
February 9th, 2009, 05:00 AM

I was thinking that, too.

toupeiro
February 9th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Boy I hope you don't regret that...

Imagine if 10-15 years ago you planted one of these on your body?

http://www.geniusdv.com/weblog/archives/Sgi_cube_logo.png

-jay-
February 9th, 2009, 10:16 AM
cool tat you should ad some 3d effects to it like the logo is lifting from your arm

billgoldberg
February 9th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Here she is:

Dude, all I can say is wow.

(that's not a good wow, btw)

You're going to regret that one.

mips
February 9th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Eish that's ugly. I don't like tattoos but will admit that 'some' of then look nice. Your's however is butt ugly in all honesty.

madverb
February 9th, 2009, 11:55 AM

"I...see"

Yeah... because it's way worse than:

"What's that tattoo?"
"It's a Japanese character that means Peace"
"You're not Japanese."

Anyway, that tattoo is pretty cool. The Ubuntu logo isn't too shabby. If I got it, I would get it all black and much smaller.

PhoHammer
February 14th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Seriously, who won't regret a tattoo they get? Maybe that's part of the fun of getting one, knowing that some day you'll wish you hadn't. I'm having fun with it now and I think that makes it worthwhile.

I didn't really come here for reassurance that it's "awesome" now that I think about it. But thanks for trying everybody.

Maybe next time I'll get an all-mighty tattoo that will be popular and praised for ever and ever. That's what you would do, right? Because Linux is about being popular.

Jesterday
February 14th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Tattoos should never get old. To me they represent memories. I have my wife's initials in binary on my left forearm, and a Jester on my right arm. The jester represents the summer of 1997 when I met my current best friends, they were in a band called ScrewBall and had a trilogy of Jester songs.

Tattoos are a matter of taste and opinion, I was thinking of getting the UbuntuStudio logo on my left shoulder to start a geek themed sleeve, since I am a geek. The tattoo would go from my shoulder to my forearm ending at my wife's initials.

The Idea behind that tattoo is awesome, the artist could have done a little better job, but all my tattoos are like that.

speedwell68
February 14th, 2009, 11:37 PM
:rolleyes:

jimi_hendrix
February 14th, 2009, 11:43 PM

that reminds me....the other day i saw someone at school walk by with a tux on the back of his shirt

i thougth i was the only linux user in my school...but we do make custom teeshirts for our teams for school events and cartoon penguin gives you two different tux's, and personally they are more appealing than the other cartoon penguins that come up...

gn2
March 8th, 2009, 01:12 PM

"Can't install Debian."

Jubward
March 8th, 2009, 01:14 PM
I do like the tattoo but instead of getting one myself I'll just wear my ubuntu shirt around... XD

Kareeser
March 8th, 2009, 04:28 PM

Sadly true.

Chicks who are computer nerds are hot. Seriously.

markp1989
March 8th, 2009, 04:34 PM
thats pretty cool, like another poster said if i was to get the ubuntu logo i would of got it all black and abit smaller.

I have liked tattoos but never got any cause i know i would get bored fast.

73ckn797
March 9th, 2009, 03:04 AM
In my opinion, tattoo's are the ultimate "Here's your sign" advertisement. (thank you Jeff Foxworthy)

Saint Angeles
March 9th, 2009, 03:23 AM
heres mine:

i really don't think it will get outdated. i mean, the symbol has been around for hundreds of years. I don't think i'll stop loving playing music anytime soon...

PhoHammer
March 9th, 2009, 03:40 AM
heres mine:

i really don't think it will get outdated. i mean, the symbol has been around for hundreds of years. I don't think i'll stop loving playing music anytime soon...

So I hear this "outdated" point a lot... I'm not sure about anyone else, but I don't mind my tattoo not being a bleeding edge/state-of-"the-art" subject. Just my opinion though...

Ms_Angel_D
March 9th, 2009, 03:54 AM
Seriously, who won't regret a tattoo they get? Maybe that's part of the fun of getting one, knowing that some day you'll wish you hadn't. I'm having fun with it now and I think that makes it worthwhile.

I have one tattoo of a guy's initials that I will never regret, the initials are My Son's name and I know he's the one guy in my life I will always love.

I was 17 when I got pregnant and 18 when I had him I got the tat on my left hand right above my thumb when he was 3 months old. It's a small heart with his initials in it, and I've gotten compliments on it from the oddest people, people you would never expect to compliment a tat. Like My Doctor for one.

chucky chuckaluck
March 9th, 2009, 03:58 AM
i can't even imagine getting a tattoo of the beer i'm drinking, and it's pretty damn good.

Crafty Kisses
March 9th, 2009, 03:58 AM
I have one tattoo of a guy's initials that I will never regret, the initials are My Son's name and I know he's the one guy in my life I will always love.

I was 17 when I got pregnant and 18 when I had him I got the tat on my left hand right above my thumb when he was 3 months old. It's a small heart with his initials in it, and I've gotten compliments on it from the oddest people, people you would never expect to compliment a tat. Like My Doctor for one.

I actually thought you put the initials of like your friend or something, I was like, *facepalm*. Then I noticed it was your son. I think that's great! It's also awesome your getting compliments!

Ms_Angel_D
March 9th, 2009, 04:05 AM
I actually thought you put the initials of like your friend or something, I was like, *facepalm*. Then I noticed it was your son. I think that's great! It's also awesome your getting compliments!

lol Yeah I've messed with a few people before when they have asked me What the letters stood for, I would just say Some really special guy....lol...and it would drive them bonkers for like 20 minutes, then I would finally fess up.

Crafty Kisses
March 9th, 2009, 04:09 AM
Ahahahah! That's hilarious!

JackieChan
March 9th, 2009, 04:12 AM
I would have gotten a tux tattoo, but it's nice you paid a little tribute to your first Linux OS. :)

Grant A.
March 9th, 2009, 04:12 AM
I won't get a tattoo for these reasons:

1) It's a sin
2) I can't imagine having something un-natural on my body permanetly.

wolfen69
March 9th, 2009, 04:37 AM
i'm probably going to get a tux tattoo soon. i'll post pics after i get it.

PhoHammer
March 9th, 2009, 04:40 AM
I would have gotten a tux tattoo, but it's nice you paid a little tribute to your first Linux OS. :)

Thanks!

i'm probably going to get a tux tattoo soon. i'll post pics after i get it.

Yes pics, most definitely:D

barbedsaber
March 9th, 2009, 04:55 AM
I am considering getting one in the shape of the L that is used to represent L from deathnote
It would probably get old pretty quick though, so maybe not.

PurposeOfReason
March 9th, 2009, 04:59 AM
The only thing that I though was, "sucks if he ever wants it removed as blue is the worst". Besides that, I think it could have been done a bit better and a bit smaller; but hey, nothing is perfect.

But to the regret argument, it depends on the person. Having a tattoo I can say that it is fun for the first month after healing, then it is just there. If I could go back and not get it, I so would. Save myself some money. And the allergic reaction to the ink. But that's what insurance is for.

avaralom
March 9th, 2009, 06:52 AM
That's pretty cool, I've always liked the ubuntu logos.

Not enough to get a tattoo of one though, I don't think I would be able to take it.

Roasted
March 9th, 2009, 07:20 AM
I think I understand what you are saying. I do not and never will get a tattoo. Like billboards, they change every month.

I agree with you, to an extent.

It depends on the nature of the tattoo. I would never get star wars tattooed on my back, but there's certain things that mean a lot to me that I'll carry on for life.

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/Roasted/?action=view&current=P1050397.jpg

I designed this from ground up with no influence from others and got it tattooed 2 years ago. I absolutely love it. Faith is something I will always have in myself. It's really weird how inspirational your own tattoo can be.

I got it done when I was going through a rough time with school and work. I was working 100 hours a week between my classes and job and I was still falling further behind in debt. I got a bonus at one point and decided to invest some of it in something that I'd be able to look down and have a reminder of why I'm doing what I'm doing.

To this day I still look at my arm and am shocked at how serious I must have been. My girlfriend cheated on me and left me, a friend stabbed me in the back, I felt like I had nobody but myself, and I was working 100 hours a week. I must have been pretty damn serious about staying positive to get something permanently tattooed on my arm - And every day I look down and appreciate the dollars it costed to get it inked... cause so far, it's worked.

I don't regret my tattoo, but I also have a lot of time and passion invested in making it what it is and it means something significant to me that I take seriously.

I've thought about a 2nd tattoo along the same lines as my first for my other arm. But we'll see how things go.

On the flip side of my reflected past, things are going well for me and I no longer have 100 hour work weeks. :D:D

To the poster - I dig the tattoo. I don't think I would have gotten it due to my interest in Ubuntu, but considering Ubuntu is an African term standing for "Humanity to others" (I believe) it has some powerful words behind it's existence, which I really dig.

BTW - Hope it doesn't itch like a beeyotch! I know mine did!

gn2
March 10th, 2009, 08:10 PM
I won't get a tattoo for these reasons:

1) It's a sin
2) I can't imagine having something un-natural on my body permanetly.

1) Merely one opinion, others are available.
2) Are you a naturist?

Giant Speck
March 10th, 2009, 08:19 PM
1) Merely one opinion, others are available.
2) Are you a naturist?

I was also going to ask if he ate processed food. Or bread. Wouldn't want anything unnatural going in the body as well.

richg
March 11th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Soory to hear it. I hope you get better.

Rich

hoopz23
March 11th, 2009, 02:32 AM
good luck explaining that to your grandchildren

Simian Man
March 11th, 2009, 02:41 AM
Wow I hope that can be removed.