PDA

View Full Version : disappearing packages

Kato4059
February 8th, 2009, 03:58 AM
I have downloaded Sunclock, Minefield and Bibletime. But they seemed to have disappeared. Where did they go ? and where is my "Download " file located.
Kato4059:o

howefield
February 8th, 2009, 04:01 AM
If you are using Firefox, go to the Edit menu, and select Preferences, the main tab should show where you downloads are being saved to.

Sealbhach
February 8th, 2009, 04:05 AM
Minefield was probably downloaded to your /home folder as a tar.bz2 file. All you have to do is right click on it and extract it. This will create a new folder called "firefox". Go into that folder and click on the file called "firefox" and it should be up and running. You can create a menu entry for it then which will probably have the path

/home/username/firefox/firefox

Just substitute "username" for your own username.

Don't know about the other two.:(

MaxIBoy
February 8th, 2009, 04:12 AM
In Firefox, hit "ctrl+y" (I think it's "ctrl-j" on Windows.) This brings up the "downloads" dialog. Right click the file you want, and select "open containing folder." If you didn't save it anywhere and just "opened" it right away, it will have been saved to somewhere in /tmp. /tmp is cleared on every reboot, and I think it also might be cleared if it gets too big, so your downloads might not be there anymore.

I have my browser set to ask me for the location to save every download instead of just picking a default location. Instructions for changing that preference have already been posted.

Kato4059
February 8th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks toall who helped, but my packages have vanished.
I shall have to try again, or delete a few packages to speed up things.
kato 4059:(