PDA

View Full Version : I'm new here, just wanted to break the ice.

mattxian
February 8th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Hello Everybody,

I figured instead of jumping right in on another thread I would test the waters with a little ice breaker. My name is Matt and well I really enjoy computers. I've been messing around with them non-stop since 1991, wow I suddenly feel old. I've ran so many OS's that I don't think I could name them all, everything from Windows 3.1 to Windows 7 Beta, MacOS, FreeBSD, RedHat and Fedora now, along with Ubuntu, which I really enjoy lately. My girlfriend thinks I'm insane for having a half dozen laptops and desktops but she has 2 dozen flipflops so... :p

Anywho, that's about that. Nice to meet you.

--Matt

cerpin
February 8th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Welcome! your gonna love it here

Hyper Tails
February 8th, 2009, 01:35 AM
well welcome to the ubuntu forums then

I hope you have a good time here :D

It's a great place to get help from ubuntu and other linux distros and mac and windows

so welcome

Bölvağur
February 8th, 2009, 01:37 AM
Sounds like you'll fit right in. Many of us like me are replicas of you ;)

damis648
February 8th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Sounds like you'll fit right in. Many of us like me are replicas of you ;)

Haha, very true. :popcorn: Welcome to the forums, and I hope you enjoy it here! :popcorn:

Feel free to ask if you have any questions are anything.

I-75
February 8th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Hello Everybody,

I figured instead of jumping right in on another thread I would test the waters with a little ice breaker. My name is Matt and well I really enjoy computers. My girlfriend thinks I'm insane for having a half dozen laptops and desktops but she has 2 dozen flipflops so... :p

Anywho, that's about that. Nice to meet you.

--Matt

Welcome to the forum and to the community, my wife thinks the same of me with my 1/2 dozen laptops too...lol . Welcome aboard!

happysmileman
February 8th, 2009, 03:31 AM
I've been messing around with them non-stop since 1991, wow I suddenly feel old.

Yeah, to put it in perspective you've been messing around with computers since before I was born.

mattxian
February 9th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Yeah, to put it in perspective you've been messing around with computers since before I was born.

That makes me feel so much better, thanks! Haha ;)

Sealbhach
February 9th, 2009, 12:49 AM
http://bethelcongregation.org/_storage/Pages/1099/Welcome%20mat.JPG

Matt.