PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't find system tray or notification area applet to add for AWN

BatPenguin
February 7th, 2009, 08:34 PM
I'm just getting to know Awn again after a long time, last time I tried it I was less than impressed, but now I'm actually liking it quite a bit. Looks very good so far!

My only problem is that even though I've installed all the awn-extras-* packages I can find in Intrepid Ibex, I still get no notification area or system tray applets for Awn in the list of applets to add. Looking around here in various threads, people are talking about these applets as if they do exist in these extra packages. I have one gnome-panel left, but I've removed the notification area from that, so that shouldn't be the problem (and shouldn't these AWN notification area applets still be in the list anyway even if launching them would conflict with gnome-panels?).

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? I'll gladly give more information. No funny packages installed, only the awn-* stuff in Intrepid, all of it. Thanks in advance.

kelvinator
June 27th, 2009, 01:51 AM
To restore the System Tray (ie Notification Area),
Right-click on the Panel,
Select Add to Panel
Select Notification Area.