PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 8.04 Postfix/courier/squirrel mail error

Zhiv
February 7th, 2009, 08:29 PM
For reference to a similar error that I've looked at:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=364044

So here's my issue. Everything seems to work, where I get the squirrelmail login and such, but when I try to log in I get the "Temporarily unavailable" error. I look at the tail of my logs and this is what I got.

Feb 7 14:15:45 zhivco-lab postfix/master[22809]: terminating on signal 15
Feb 7 14:15:46 zhivco-lab postfix/master[23890]: daemon started -- version 2.5.5, configuration /etc/postfix
Feb 7 14:15:56 zhivco-lab authdaemond: failed to connect to mysql server (server=localhost, userid=mail ): Access denied for user 'mail '@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Feb 7 14:15:56 zhivco-lab imapd-ssl: LOGIN FAILED, method=CRAM-MD5, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Feb 7 14:15:56 zhivco-lab imapd-ssl: authentication error: Input/output error

Now I noticed the errant space after the username 'mail' on the third line. So I checked all my config files and such--but no spaces. I do believe that the actual squirrelmail has nothing to do with the backend login (as it shouldn't).

So anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Tom

PS: fixed the error. Apparently when I was editing authdaemonrc, I forgot to remove the description after the varible for DEBUG_LEVEL = 2 (or something to that effect.). So now it works enough to tell me that I'm a moron and can't remember a password... :D