PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Now where did the keyboard rate and delay panel go ?

dargaud
February 7th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Hello all,
yesterday I played a bit with the settings for the keyboard delay and repetition rate. First I noticed a bug that below a certain value of the delay (200ms) I'd get multiple chars.

And then the setting panel just disappeared ! Or I'm tired and can't find it, but I'm pretty sure it was in [System settings][Keyboard and mouse]. Now I just have [Mouse] and [Keyboard shortcuts]. Where is it ?

I know I can set it with xset, but still...

Thanks.

gettinoriginal
February 7th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Don't know for sure, but right click the system bar, edit menu, system, preferences, make sure it is checked. If that doesn't work, log off and log back on to see if it returns. :p

MickS
February 7th, 2009, 09:03 PM
I would like to know that, I have never found the keyboard rate setting thing yet.

Mick

gettinoriginal
February 7th, 2009, 09:26 PM
oooooooops, sorry guys, my stupidity didn't notice you were running kde, I use gnome. Try this thread, post's 4 & 5.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=972627
Again, I appologize.:(

dargaud
February 7th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Nope, I had no accessibility options enabled. I spend a lot of time in editors, moving around with arrows, so I like the reaction time of the keyboard to be precisely what I want... Like I said I can set it with xset, but I'm dead certain there's a Kde control panel for that too...