PDA

View Full Version : Thanks and Hi this is my first post

Cpyles07
February 7th, 2009, 10:34 AM
:D Well I just wanted so say Hi to everybody since its my first post. I had a whole speech to introduce myself and some really funny but inappropriate comments about Windows and Uncle Bill making me feel dirty over the Christmas vacation then I thought these people don't know me and might now appreciate my slightly and twisted sense of humor, You know you never get a second chance to make fist impressions. But I digress... I installed a little over 2 months ago and haven't looked back :D Besides nautilus going screwey and having to reinstall because I couldn't find a solution on here to fix it except reinstall (which was the last thing I expected btw whats up with that?? I thought only windows updates broke stuff lol) its been a painless and practically effortless transition. I want to say thanks:D

drs305
February 7th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Cpyles07,

I think you will find, if you haven't already, that these forums are the most friendly and helpful around.

It's good you haven't had many problems, but should something come up there are plenty of people on these forums willing to assist you.

Welcome to ubuntu and the ubuntu forums.

Swagman
February 7th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Welcome

Oh.. And Fist impressions can be awesome when your angry with someone.

(go back and proof read your comment..lol)

billgoldberg
February 7th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Hi.

If you have problems, please ask your question on the help forums, people are always willing to help and fast too.

ambidextrousone
February 7th, 2009, 09:35 PM
most folks in here like a good poke at windows :D let loose! im a newbie too, this forum fixes any problems i have! always someone willing to share their knowledge, and the staff have been great here, had a lot of problems solved by them too!

welcome!

I-75
February 8th, 2009, 01:16 AM
:D Well I just wanted so say Hi to everybody since its my first post. I thought only windows updates broke stuff lol) I want to say thanks:D

Welcome to the forum and the community. Kernel updates DO break stuff, like my wireless on my laptop with the Atheros 5007 card. Somehow kernel updates and mad wifi don't get along. But the good news is, it is easily fixed and everyone here has answers for these kind of common problems.

Again welcome and feel free to post anytime, welcome aboard.