PDA

View Full Version : M$ bashing

MadsRH
February 7th, 2009, 01:31 PM
I have to start this post by emphasizing that I dislike all the M$ baching I often see. However, I came across this/these videos which I find very funny. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOh6Nh8w6f8&e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3ID2CbtnKk

etnlIcarus
February 7th, 2009, 01:34 PM
The irony of hating MS bashing but Spelling MS with a $ symbol is not lost on me.

I'll state for the record that when justified, I'm all for MS bashing.

Eisenwinter
February 7th, 2009, 01:35 PM
"I don't support Microsoft bashing. Oops, I meant Micro$oft"

Wv0wvw88wvw0vW
February 7th, 2009, 01:52 PM
"Microsoft bashing" is simply immature. OS' are tools, if the people that make your car fail, you wouldn't spend so much ranting about the state of General Motors, Ford etc, it's just stupid. Get it fixed. Get over it.

P.s. The second video is... wow lol, I hate this "user-friendly" plastic computer culture we have going on - That's the reason we have popups > Marketers realize some strata of the demographics are stupid enough to click on popups, so they invest more in them.

Sealbhach
February 7th, 2009, 02:11 PM
I like a bit of Microsoft bashing myself, I'm all for it. I think they usually deserve it.

Naiki Muliaina
February 7th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I like some Windows bashing as long as its not in my face all the time. I also however enjoy Linux bashing and i love Linux... I guess i just like seeing good comedy things. ^^

sydbat
February 7th, 2009, 08:09 PM
if the people that make your car fail, you wouldn't spend so much ranting about the state of General Motors, Ford etc, it's just stupid. Get it fixed. Get over it.I would tend to disagree...there are people who are just as 'religious' about their cars. Have you never heard someone who owns a GM bash Chrysler and Ford (or any variation of those)?

Think about it...example...

FORD - Found On Road Dead
DODGE - Don't Over Drive Gutless Engine
CHEVROLET - Constantly Having Every Vehicle Recalled Over Lousy Engineering Techniques

I used these ones because they were the most "family friendly"...all 3 makers mentioned have zealots who make up much less flattering phrases

RiceMonster
February 7th, 2009, 08:24 PM
The irony of hating MS bashing but Spelling MS with a $ symbol is not lost on me.

Hit the nail right on the head there.

I-75
February 7th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Think about it...example...

FORD - Found On Road Dead
DODGE - Don't Over Drive Gutless Engine
CHEVROLET - Constantly Having Every Vehicle Recalled Over Lousy Engineering Techniques

I own a Ford pick up

So here goes another

FORD

Fix Or Repair Daily

Clean Joke:

Toyota and Chevrolet are both going to make a car, what will it be called....

Toylet

:D

howefield
February 7th, 2009, 09:00 PM
I have to start this post by emphasizing that I dislike all the M$ baching I often see.

Lol, yes, what exactly does M$ mean ?

But in case you think it only goes one way, there is probably more linux bashing going on than "M$" bashing. Purely because of numbers, I'd guess.

Every operating system has a share of "bashers" who can't see past their own system to the merits of others.

dannytatom
February 7th, 2009, 09:03 PM
To be OS-user fair, I think mac users get it the worse. They get bashed by both Windows and Linux users.

BuffaloX
February 7th, 2009, 09:09 PM
I simply love the statement:

I have problems getting user friendly with Vista.
That really cracked me up.

MikeTheC
February 7th, 2009, 09:45 PM
I've no problems at all with Microsoft bashing. They've brought it on themselves.

CrazyDesi
February 7th, 2009, 09:47 PM
I'm with the original OP. I think it is annoying and childish.

BuffaloX
February 7th, 2009, 09:51 PM
MS bashing is fun
It's easy and they deserve it.

Giant Speck
February 9th, 2009, 01:40 AM
I don't mind a little Microsoft-bashing every now and then, as long as it is truthful and not hyperbole.

Microsoft isn't the scum of the earth, but they aren't exactly infallible. It's just like every country, every public figure, and every government in the world. There are always going to be good things and bad things to say about all of them.

BuffaloX
February 9th, 2009, 01:51 AM
Problem is any company attaining a lucrative monopoly will do almost anything to keep it, MS is no exception.