PDA

View Full Version : Contacting Google Support

HavocXphere
February 6th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Could someone please point me to a way of contacting someone at Google via email?

[Rant alert]

After an hour of surfing their support site I conclude that:

Their Contact Us page is an endless loop of preset Questions&Answers with no actual way of contacting them. Except a single (overseas) Physical Address. And the world is lost the day I can only contact the biggest IT Corp via Snail Mail. ](*,)

None of the FAQ sets have a "other problems" at the bottom in case their narrow presets don't catch everything.

The few feedback or suggestion boxes that I have seen state *multiple times* that they do no intend to reply. wtf?

Their "Help" Center: Same thing as the Contact Page, an endless loop of narrow FAQs with a nice infinite redirect thrown in for good measure. The only "interactive" help I see is the Google Groups...and 99% of that content is by 3rd parties...not Google.

Hell, they don't even provide a way to complain about the Help situation...because one can't contact them.

How the damn can a 100bn+ IT company that pulls of the impossible everyday with their search/gmail/etc suck so much on the support side. The only thing that is missing is the MS Office clippy thing.:frown:

Why is this on an ubuntu related forum? It was meant for google, but um....I can't find a way to contact them.:-#

Joeb454
February 6th, 2009, 10:10 PM
What are you trying to contact them regarding?

HavocXphere
February 6th, 2009, 10:40 PM
What are you trying to contact them regarding?
Accounts support. There is something very fishy with the "Check availability" functionality when registering. Happened to me twice already that I check the availability for a username, it clears the availability check. Then something comes up. 24-48 hours later I try to actually register and its gone.

The thing is, I've got a surname that is not very common, limited to 1 language and 1 country and the chances of an auto-account-registering bot hitting those username combos are negligible.

Just had an idea though...
/me goes off to test theory on an impossibly long&random combo of letters& numbers.

Cheesehead
February 6th, 2009, 10:42 PM
I've found them quite easy to contact, and very responsive...if you're a paying customer, of course.