PDA

View Full Version : I Am Bored

hyperdude111
February 6th, 2009, 05:13 PM
I have been playing around with my pc for a while but i am getting to the stage where I don't know what to do.
I have done:

Dual booting
Custom Live CD
Added DVD Drive
Added Wifi card
Toned the ubuntu GUI to my liking
Made an exact image of my system.
Tried almost every piece of software available for linux.

What do i do?

I want to buy something pc related but cheap??

Please save my sanity I have reached an unknown level of boredom HELP!!

Bölvağur
February 6th, 2009, 05:20 PM
what about trying out something new like KDE 4.2 or Awesome or some other tiling window manager

sydbat
February 6th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Or what I am (getting the courage up for) doing - removing my XP partition (first on disk), moving / to that partition and expanding /home into the empty space.

In a way, (possibly) breaking my box will be fun, but I have a feeling it will be much smoother than I imagine. Then I will be bored again too...

mohitchawla
February 6th, 2009, 05:30 PM
1) Re-compile the existing kernel or try compiling the latest kernel for your machine.

2) Buy the OpenMoko Neo Freerunner.

hyperdude111
February 6th, 2009, 05:39 PM
I have already removed all traces of windows and i have KDE4.2, Gnome, XFCE and Fluxbox

WelterPelter
February 6th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Time to start coding.

mihai.ile
February 6th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Time to start coding.

yeah, pick a project, go to their bug tracker and see if you can help with anything, they will really appreciate it!

eragon100
February 6th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Time to start coding.

in python :wink:

go to add/remove and install SPE -- Stani's Python Editor

Then get learning!

hyperdude111
February 6th, 2009, 06:30 PM
in python :wink:

go to add/remove and install SPE -- Stani's Python Editor

Then get learning!

I'll see how it goes.

Thanks

lode
February 6th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Read a book, visit some friends, go running, get a dog, cook something nice for someone nice, masturbate, call someone who you haven't spoken for some time, write a letter (not an e-mail), draw something, build a tree house, (learn how to) play the guitar, juggle, go have a drink with your neighbour(s), ...

WatchingThePain
February 6th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Hi,

How about buy a hard drive and set up raid?, It will be useful and might be interesting to do. Plus hard discs are pretty cheap.

MikeTheC
February 6th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Well, have you heard about this really cool open source project called "gOutside"? All the graphics and video are high-def and you should see the was the trees and clouds are dynamically rendered! It's wicked cool, man!

Leo Dragonheart
February 6th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Well, have you heard about this really cool open source project called "gOutside"? All the graphics and video are high-def and you should see the was the trees and clouds are dynamically rendered! It's wicked cool, man!

Dude you are way to funny....ROFLMAO!!!!

Foster Grant
February 6th, 2009, 09:26 PM

The user experience is top-notch, too! If you go surfing, you actually get wet! It's awesome!

(Well-done, sir. :) If we still had the thank-you function. I'd click it. :KS )

Firestem4
February 7th, 2009, 07:03 AM
http://blog.codefront.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/outside_mmorpg.jpg