PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] TCP/IP RESET , urgent help required

mmansour92
February 6th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I have recently subscribed to a DSL internet service which is pretty good. I have connected this modem to two PCS via Ethernet (A main desktop computer which has loads of important documents, and a simple IBM Laptop)and a third laptop using the WI-FI technologoy. Both laptops seem to be working perfectally, however the main desktop computer, seems to connect to the network however doesnot send or recieve packets which is pretty frusturating.

When I click the repair button the following error shows up " failed to query TCP/IP SETTINGS ......" After weeks of looking around for a solution, nothing seemed to work, including the netshell utility and some softwares that promised to reset TCP/IP settings.

So if anyone at all has any idea on how to fix this problem, even if manually, then please reply.

Thank you for ur time

superprash2003
February 6th, 2009, 06:25 PM
is this a windows machine?? you could try providing static ip//.

mmansour92
February 7th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Yes it is Windows XP PRO, I used the address and stuff for the ip and gateway and restared the computer everytime i set the settings but nothing works . this is LAN BY THE WAY. I need the reset the TCP/IP SETTINGS but I can`t find a way tht can help me.

superprash2003
February 7th, 2009, 05:45 PM
you could try following this to setup static ip in windows http://www.prash-babu.com/2008/09/internet-works-on-one-pc-but-not-on.html