PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] gtkwave and ghdl and ATI Driver

ubunpete
February 6th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Hello,

I've just installed Ubuntu 8.10 and I have to say it's a great alternative to Windows.

But I have 2 Problems:
I wanted to install gtkwave. I found out that it should be in the "universe" repository but unfortunately apt-get install/the synaptic package installer does not find it, even though "universe" is in the repository list.
Which repository do I have to add?
I could install gtkwave manually, I know, but I would have to install a lot of other packages manually.

The second problem is not so important but still annoying.
I have installed the proprietary fglrx driver. When I run aticonfig --initial=dual-head to set up a configuration for my notebook and my external monitor I always get an error like: (EE) fglrx(0) Unknown EDID version 0 when I restart.
If I run aticonfig --initial the external monitor works but with wrong dimensions.

I would really appreciate,
if anyone of you knows an answer to one of my questions.

Thanks in advance!

Partyboi2
February 7th, 2009, 03:44 AM
Adding 'Universe' should have down the trick. Make sure you have updated the package list before trying to install gtkwave. Can you open a terminal (Applications>Accessories>Terminal) and

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gtkwave if you still cannot install it can you post your sources.list

cat /etc/apt/sources.list