PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] flv files from /tmp

e24ohm
February 6th, 2009, 06:18 AM
i noticed that when i try to play a .flv from /tmp i get the following error, and wanted to know if anyone else get this error.

Totem could not play 'file:///home/user/Desktop/FlashatwKQK'.

Video codec '0x0' is not handled. You might need to install additional plugins to be able to play some types of movies

or it doesn't play at all.

justsomedude
February 6th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Yes, this happens when playing newer Flash videos. VLC (0.9.8 ) can play them.

e24ohm
February 6th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Yes, this happens when playing newer Flash videos. VLC (0.9.8 ) can play them.Thanks mate, i will try this out. I thought it was something to do with having the Flash 9 plugin, but I am going to try and install newer version of vlc.

thanks.

e24ohm
February 6th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Yes, this happens when playing newer Flash videos. VLC (0.9.8 ) can play them.I am having a hard time installing from binaries...the newest version is only in binnary form. I am not sure what i need to run, since i am new to linux.

e24ohm
February 6th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Yes, this happens when playing newer Flash videos. VLC (0.9.8 ) can play them.hey mate, i was able to install the new version, but my .flv still do not play. giving me an error about not supported format.

I checked and see that i do have vlc 0.9.8a

justsomedude
February 6th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Could you post a link to a video that doesn`t play?

ububbatu
February 24th, 2009, 09:10 PM
I have tried playing these with several different media players and it looks like youtube broke the codec? in anticipation of the pay-for-download program.

e24ohm
March 13th, 2009, 06:37 PM
I have tried playing these with several different media players and it looks like youtube broke the codec? in anticipation of the pay-for-download program.i ran into some of the sort. I get a few, then I run into one that does not completly resolve into /tmp. Oh-well...moving on, this is no big deal.

thank you,
E

lahook
March 13th, 2009, 07:05 PM
movieplayer will still play the files. I tried with vlc and was not successful.

meka4996
March 23rd, 2009, 04:20 AM
Try this way...
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1103825