PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] bridging iptables

sinclair86
February 6th, 2009, 03:41 AM
Ok originally I wrote this wrong I guess. Here is what I am trying to do I have my xbox bridged to my xubuntu computer using bridge-utils. The first thing I am running into is I am getting a moderate NAT error when I do a test xbox live connection. I have a the xbox set to a static ip 192.168.1.10 and eth0/eth1 are bridged to br0 dhcp and has the ip address of 192.168.1.6. I have the ports opened on my router. Is this a routing table issue or a iptable thing. Second iptables. What I want to be able to do, again (switched from windows to linux cause I hated how slow), is be able to drop people from my games. So the thing here is how do I accept all traffic from a certain ip or range of ips with ip tables and then block everything else.

sinclair86
February 8th, 2009, 08:03 AM
bump

superprash2003
February 8th, 2009, 07:40 PM
do you want to share an internet connection using your ubuntu machine as router?>

sinclair86
February 8th, 2009, 08:07 PM
I have 2 nic cards one to my router and the other to my xbox Im trying bridge the connection and then have a firewall between my xbox and the bridge

superprash2003
February 10th, 2009, 06:40 PM
you could try firestarter or ufw.. if not http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=91370

sinclair86
February 10th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Trust me I like to do my homework before I come here because its always so hard to get a decent reply to something that stumps me. the problem here is when the connection is bridged or I have ICS (done both) and I add XBOX Live IP range as to alway allow connection when I toss on the firewall for about a minute I get signed off.