PDA

View Full Version : [other] Using Commview for wifi with Aircrack-ng

oddbirdman2009
February 6th, 2009, 03:23 AM
I have a bachelors in comp sci from before the time of wireless.

I am in a situation where I am staying in a motel. I need access to their wifi connection. I offered them 20 bucks fo acccess. They aren't sure what the key is for their router. I was told if I could acquire the key I could have access.

I watched a video on YouTube in which a kid used Commview for WiFi along with the GUI version of Aircrack-ng.

I am folowing his exact instructions but not getting the same results. I am monitoring Channel 1, gathering about 850,000 packets, then running aircrack-ng GUI. I direct Aircrack towards my .cap file then run it.

It then askes me for the index number of the network.

I enter one of the numbers which indicates there is an IV present.

It runs, says "Failed, next time try 5000 IVs."

it looks like it is only using 1 IV.

I'm lost at this point, can anyone help me out? I need this conection so I can get back to work and get my but out of a motel and back into a real home....

luig1
February 6th, 2009, 04:02 AM
Lucky for you I have done this before but I have done this in windows xp. Can you tell me your one(xp,vista,linux)?

oddbirdman2009
February 6th, 2009, 04:04 AM
I'm using Vista... I tried this before with the same exact results in XP, however...

luig1
February 6th, 2009, 04:18 AM
Yes but to get more ivs try using a bssid instead of indexing and aslo use ivstools to filter out all the non ivs. If you need more specifcs just ask.

oddbirdman2009
February 6th, 2009, 04:36 AM
I need a massive amount of more info...

If I specify the bssid in advanced it reads 10,000 IVs then re-reads them, and then just ends. nothing happens.

If I specify the Essid from the list it says the target network does not exist.

Please try and detail out what I should be doing....

luig1
February 6th, 2009, 04:46 AM
Well first of all I need to know what version of aircrack your using. I use aircrack-ng-1.0-rc1-win.

oddbirdman2009
February 6th, 2009, 04:53 AM
aircrack-ng-1.0-rc2-win I'm using the GUI also because I have no idea how to use the Cmd mode.... it's been a long long time since I used DOS, maybe when 95 was out? so, I'm kind of lost.

luig1
February 6th, 2009, 05:01 AM
move all the files as close as the root of the C:\ drive or your local drive. tell me when u move your files. and also do you have a faster way of comunicating like live messenger or something im kinda busy.

oddbirdman2009
February 6th, 2009, 06:08 PM
you can find me on yahoo messenger: matthew.mayze

Obviosly, Idon't have a connection at home. I am at the library. It is 12:03pm. I will stay as long as I can.

please come and find me.

eddiozks
August 5th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Hllo luig1

i want to ask something about those things i have the same problem.

wildmanne39
August 5th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Hi, this is an old thread so it has been closed and aircrack is not supported on the forums any longer.

You should try the backtrack forum.
Thanks