PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] WideScreen Problem (Ubuntu 8.10)

huruixd
February 5th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Hi,

I have a Thinkpad X200 laptop with a 12.1" widescreen. I installed Ubuntu 8.10 successfully, but when I login the desktop, the display resolution doesn't work very well.

I unchecked the mirroring and set the display resolution to 1200*800, it still didn't work. The work bar at the bottom of the screen is too short to fit in the whole screen.

Does anyone know how to solve the problem? I appreciate step by step guide. Thank you.

Mark Phelps
February 5th, 2009, 06:37 PM
If you go into System --> preferences --> Screen Resolution, you should see a check box for wide screen. Make sure that is checked and then select the appropriate resolution.

huruixd
February 5th, 2009, 08:07 PM
I didn't see the check box for wide screen. There is only a check box named "mirroring". If check the "mirroring", I can't select the resolution of 1200*800 which is for wide screen. If I uncheck the "mirroring", I could get the 1200*800 option, but once I select it, the screen changes, the work bar at the bottom of the screen is too short to cover the whole screen.

Could you please post a snapshot of the "SCREEN RESOLUTION" for me? I am newbie to Ubuntu. Thanks.

By the way, since the version of Ubuntu on my PC is 8.10, could I configure the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file to get the widescreen work? I am thankful to all help.