PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Epson printer prints black pages

spidermagicat
February 5th, 2009, 02:23 PM
When I print monochrome it comes out with just a black page, is there a fix for this?

I can print fine in colour but sometimes black can come out ever so slightly brown, and I don't want to use up my precious colour ink when printing documents

My printer is a CX3650 and the printer comes up as a C3600 series with "Epson Stylus Color PRO Foomatic/stcolor" under make and model

Thanks for reading :-)

jjalocha
August 20th, 2009, 05:31 PM
spidermagicat, I am trying to help my parents who have problems now with an Epson Stylus-CX3900 which worked perfectly before (with CX3700 and CX3805 drivers). Now, sometimes it prints just perfect, but sometimes it stretches/shrinks content, and sometimes it just wastes all the ink printing a completely pitch black page.

As my parents are in an other country now, and the experiments with black pages are very expensive, I am not really sure where to start debugging.

They have been printing both from Inkscape and evince with similar results. (Ubuntu Jaunty)

What software are you using? Do I understand you correctly that this only happens when printing monochrome?