PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] ubuntu + XP + Backtrack

maimed
February 5th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Ok so the title explains it i am trying to get all three of them and currently have ubuntu installed and XP dual booting. Yes i know there are posts like this but i read them and tried them and i just spent the last few hours trying to get back to xp and ubuntu and getting grub to work nicely and lost my whole vista partition :/

So i have 1 hdd 250gb, 100gb = ubuntu and 120gb = XP.
What i want is to split up XP to get it about only 50gb and prob about 20g(or should i allocate more?) for backtrack and i want to merge the rest of free space to ubuntu.
I know this is all possible but how hard is it ?
Could someone please walk me through it, i know the basics i just want someone to help guide in case i step into problems like i did last time.
So please tell me what you would like me to post etc, first i am thinking spliting xp partitions into 3, 1 with xp and 2 raw.
Ok i will wait for some people to start replying
Thanks in advance :)

binbash
February 5th, 2009, 12:53 PM
It is very easy with gparted live cd.You do not need any howto even : ) Just download it, burn it, start with it, then if you have questions feel free to ask

maimed
February 7th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Alright thanks i will try it all out i got g-parted so hope no problems, i didn't think it would be hard just a **** program killed my partition the first time. thanks i will post if i get stuck