PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] avi to iso

duds2008
February 5th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Hello people! I normally use the devede program to convert avi files to dvd iso images which I then burn to disc. I have never encountered a problem until now. I have a particular file that is 1018.6 MB. Each time I try to convert it to DVD iso, it always manages to make it 4.4 GB , (even though changing DVD target options). This is too big to fit on a normal 4.7 GB disk (why do they call them that anyway?). I dont want to buy a dual layer disk just for this 1 problem. Is there an alternate program I could use? Thanks in advance for any ideas.

binbash
February 5th, 2009, 01:14 PM
While converting at devede , did you click adjust disc space (something similar to that name :D , i dont have devede installed right now)?

duds2008
February 5th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Disc usage media size. The default is 4.7GB. I selected the 1.4GB option but still landed up with a 4.4GB iso. But there is a good point. I changed it after opening the avi file. Do you think if I change it before opening it it may work? I am wary of trying so many things as it takes ages to convert! Even on my p4!:)

I have tried the above and still get a 4.4GB product at the end:(

duds2008
February 5th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Disc usage media size. The default is 4.7GB. I selected the 1.4GB option but still landed up with a 4.4GB iso. But there is a good point. I changed it after opening the avi file. Do you think if I change it before opening it it may work? I am wary of trying so many things as it takes ages to convert! Even on my p4!:) The other thing I tried was to convert the 4.4GB iso with the DVD95 program...it got to about 65% and stopped. Error message was "error during conversion". I thought this was very useful!!

duds2008
February 6th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Problem sorted! DEVEDE gives you only 1 shot at changing disc usage. Sorry guys! Problem was between chair and keyboard!