PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Indian

halovivek
February 5th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Hi
I am from India. I am looking for Indians in this forum.
I am planning to launch a camp and teaching for the Indians for free in Linux and to distribute for poor and those who wish to learn.
First we are going to start in Bangalore and in Chennai. Then plan to spread all over India. I am discussing with friends to take Week end class for free teaching. we are going to start in 2 - 3 months. we are concentrating to teach all including with no age and sex.
we are preparing a document to help them.
requesting reply from all. Please come and join me.

yabbadabbadont
February 5th, 2009, 08:48 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=246

Take a browse through the various LoCo team subforums there. Several are in India.

amitabhishek
February 5th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Hi
we are concentrating to teach all including with no age and sex.

I am not sure If they exist in India!:D

prshah
February 5th, 2009, 09:46 AM
planning to launch a camp and teaching for the Indians for free in Linux and to distribute for poor and those who wish to learn.

Sounds like a good thing (tm). Count me in for teaching and limited support for hardware required.

Where do I sign up?

ProgramErgoSum
February 5th, 2009, 10:30 AM
The idea is good. Are you planning the "teaching" in regional languages ?

halovivek
February 5th, 2009, 10:35 AM
The idea is good. Are you planning the "teaching" in regional languages ?

yes. i am planning to teach in Tamil, telegu , kannada in spoken.
concentrating to help the poor guys who cannot afford.

abhilashm86
February 5th, 2009, 11:39 AM
hey good work friend,i'm also indian,i learnt everything from forums.........tell them to follow forums:)

jeyaganesh
February 5th, 2009, 02:13 PM
We can distribute Linux for free to poor, but what about computers?

kk0sse54
February 5th, 2009, 03:22 PM
nice, how come you're in Umeň? (stupid american keyboard)

ProgramErgoSum
February 5th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Exactly who is the "target audience" here ? "Poor folks" sounds ambiguous.

Finally, I don't want to sound Luddite or elitist...but, if poor really means "poor" in India then, wouldn't they be better off in some other line than learning Linux ?

halovivek
February 5th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Exactly who is the "target audience" here ? "Poor folks" sounds ambiguous.

Finally, I don't want to sound Luddite or elitist...but, if poor really means "poor" in India then, wouldn't they be better off in some other line than learning Linux ?

The people cannot afford can only search for another option. we have to teach them that we are getting free and lot of support. So the first bug in launch pad will come to end.

Wv0wvw88wvw0vW
February 5th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Check out the Social Group for India, it's significantly large.

vikramaditya
February 5th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Despite my forum name, I'm not Indian. However, I've regarded India as most awesome for many years and greatly admire its people. What you're trying to accomplish is very noble and may shine a ray of sunlight into many dark lives. Best wishes for success!

ProgramErgoSum
February 5th, 2009, 08:52 PM
I share the spirit of teaching. But, seriously, I am still not clear about the "target audience", "interest group". Certain school children, housewives, senior citizens, part-time workers...? Because, we should not exclude who are not regularly exposed to computers itself; let alone Linux. (Example ? my Mom. :) Slowly over the time I got her comfortable with computers though.)

Perhaps, we will tease out the target audience over more discussion in these fora. Then, the curriculum that is to be covered. I am fine with that. But, until I have more clarity about the intended "readers", I do not want to sign-on.

halovivek
February 6th, 2009, 03:13 PM
I share the spirit of teaching. But, seriously, I am still not clear about the "target audience", "interest group". Certain school children, housewives, senior citizens, part-time workers...? Because, we should not exclude who are not regularly exposed to computers itself; let alone Linux. (Example ? my Mom. :) Slowly over the time I got her comfortable with computers though.)

Perhaps, we will tease out the target audience over more discussion in these fora. Then, the curriculum that is to be covered. I am fine with that. But, until I have more clarity about the intended "readers", I do not want to sign-on.

I accept your thing. we are discussing on this. from which one we have to start.

ProgramErgoSum
February 7th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Perhaps, we can agree on a curriculum and generate documentation (wiki pages) in regional languages. Then, involve a NGO who could download, bulk print and distribute the books to the audience for free.

Of course, this does not involve class-room teaching but, perhaps it is a tiny step ahead.