PDA

View Full Version : question about wireless video senders?

markp1989
February 4th, 2009, 11:20 PM
im looking in to getting a wireless video sender, so i can have my AV equipment out of the way,

it may be used for video games. and i want to know if there is any delay?

thanks markp1989

cdekter
February 5th, 2009, 05:02 AM
There is usually no lag (especially on an analogue transceiver system) but they do tend to be highly susceptible to EM interference, e.g. from cordless phones, microwave ovens etc.

jbonness
May 26th, 2009, 06:20 PM
im looking in to getting a wireless video sender, so i can have my AV equipment out of the way,

it may be used for video games. and i want to know if there is any delay?

thanks markp1989
Did you get this to work? I am using a setup from X10, but having difficulty with screen resolution, and getting to to be viewed on both the monitor and also the video sent to the TV.

kc3
May 26th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Wireless probably wouldn't be the way to go for that, I have seen both really long VGA cables OR I have seen also an adatper that converts VGA over to an ethernet like connection (not sure what connection it is) and I've heard that works pretty well, we had one laying around over here but I've never tested it.

[Edit] Here it is, I just found it
http://www.elephantstaircase.com/wiki/index.php?title=VGAtoRJ45conversion
And that looks like a make it yourself kit but we had one that was prebuilt.

aeiah
May 26th, 2009, 07:07 PM
there'll be no lag on analogue but i suspect there will be on digital unless you get something really good. it would probably be cheaper to get really long cables / another xbox / a media server plugged into the back of your tv or projector or whatever if you wanted it digital and in HD.