PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried Ubuntu paid support?

opensensesolutions
December 19th, 2005, 11:34 PM
My company is in the final stages of switching all of our offerings from Debian to Ubuntu. We provide paid Ubuntu desktop support ourselves, but we would like some paid support for help with a few advanced projects. We have contacted Canonical support, and talked on the phone once with Jeff, but haven't heard anything from them in weeks and we have sent several emails since then. I can't imagine we offended them or something, but we're trying to give them money and they won't even reply. If you're out there Canonical support staff, please drop us a line!

I was just wondering if anyone else out there had any experience with Canonical's paid support. Could it be they are just not ready to offer it? Are they all gone at a month-long conference?

I looked through the list of other companies in the Ubuntu marketplace, but the things we need help with are "escalation" type issues and questions about Ubuntu specific aspects which are not documented anywhere.

So if anyone has tried paid Ubuntu support options from Canonical or someone else, please let us know what your experience has been.

Thanks,
Mike Pardee
1-888-323-1742
http://opensensesolutions.com