PDA

View Full Version : Enemy Territory - Doesn't start

NEtX
January 9th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Hi,

I've downloaded the "et-linux-2.55.x86.run" file and could install it with any errors. I've also installed the nvida driver with apt-get and it's working fine with ut2004, but when I try to start et gnome has an error and reboots. So I don't even know how to find out why it does.

System:
Athlon XP Barton
nForce2Ultra
Asus 6800GT 128DDR

Drivers:
No AA and AF

Thanks for helping,
Nikolaus

runenes
January 9th, 2005, 09:57 PM
What was the error message?

crane
January 10th, 2005, 03:55 AM
Hi,

I've downloaded the "et-linux-2.55.x86.run" file and could install it with any errors. I've also installed the nvida driver with apt-get and it's working fine with ut2004, but when I try to start et gnome has an error and reboots. So I don't even know how to find out why it does.

System:
Athlon XP Barton
nForce2Ultra
Asus 6800GT 128DDR

Drivers:
No AA and AF

Thanks for helping,
Nikolaus

Yea try to find an error message, either in gnome or system logs (check /var/log although I'm not sure where in there it would be.

Are you running if from a shortcut or menu or terminal?

DDL
January 10th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Did you try this ?

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=35109&postcount=23

Hi,

System:
Athlon XP Barton
nForce2Ultra
Asus 6800GT 128DDR

Drivers:
No AA and AF

Thanks for helping,
Nikolaus

Dreamflame
January 17th, 2005, 12:02 AM
I have the same problem... tryed that DDL, didnt help :(

DDL
January 17th, 2005, 06:08 PM
Could you post there your XF86Config-4 file ?

I have the same problem... tryed that DDL, didnt help :(

jdodson
February 5th, 2005, 04:31 AM
ok i had the same problem. after an hour of searching and headscratching i tried the following.

kill the gnome desktop so all you have running is a terminal(consult the web on how to do that).

type in the following commands in your personal home directory:

"vi .xinitrc"

then put this into the file

"exec ./bin/et"

ok well substitute ./bin/et with the location of your enemy territory starter, in my case i have a bin directory with the softlink.

it should run enemy territory as the window manager and it "should" run. setup your player information, make sure to turn punkbuster on.

now delete the .xinitrc file by typing "rm .xinitrc"

i would recommend running enemy territory using fluxbox as it seems to not crash. running it in gnome seems to crash the whole works.... hope this gets worked out in hoary. good luck! :-&