PDA

View Full Version : [other] Desktop Environment and Location

Simian Man
February 3rd, 2009, 05:43 PM
I was talking to somebody about desktops and I mentioned that, although many people apparently use KDE, I have never actually met a user. I know people who use relatively obscure things such as Enlightenment and Fluxbox, but not KDE. His response was that KDE is much more popular in Europe than in America.

So I decided to find out how well this holds up in these forums and to see if there are other correlations.

PS, Sorry about the lack of options; there are only so many poll options allowed.

thraxy
February 3rd, 2009, 05:57 PM
I'm European and use Gnome. I think the reason might be that it's what I started out with. I've tried KDE on Kubuntu and Sabayon, but it just didn't do it for me. Seemed to impractical. On Sabayon I even went so far as installing it as the only desktop environment in an attempt to get used to it... lasted a couple of weeks.

What can I say... I'm just completely Gnomified.

Choose
February 3rd, 2009, 07:14 PM
I'm also European and prefer using Gnome,

i have used both KDE & XFCE in the past,but for me personally Gnome is

by far the best,it's clean,practical and runs very smoothly :D

Simian Man
February 3rd, 2009, 09:04 PM
Ha I guess the gnome-centric nature of Ubuntu meant this wasn't the place to conduct this survey :)

gjoellee
February 3rd, 2009, 09:29 PM
I use E17 on my main desktop, and I use Openbox on my bad laptop, both are Arch and my Location is Europe. I use Openbox on my laptop because it is old and bad, and E17 on my desktop because it is fancy, has a lot of options and is still really light.

markp1989
February 3rd, 2009, 09:31 PM
I'm European and i use openbox

Sorivenul
February 3rd, 2009, 09:57 PM
I'm American and use ion2 or XMonad. My wife uses GNOME.

Zoic Preston
April 26th, 2010, 02:05 PM
I always use Xfce for Linux in Virtual Box, sometimes I use Gnome or openbox(in Slitaz)

sxmaxchine
April 26th, 2010, 02:08 PM
i use gnome because it came with my ubuntu and i have grown to like it, i also use xfce on my old pc

and im in Australia