PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Big desktop weird green pixels

intru
February 3rd, 2009, 04:53 PM
After quite some troubles I finally have big desktop working. Somehow it refused to work in 8.10, but after installing 8.04 I got it working.
I have an ATI 4850 card with a DP, HDMI and DVI output. My 2 Samsung Syncmaster 940BF's both have DVI-in. So I used one HDMI-DVI connector.

On my 2nd monitor (dvi->dvi) everything is fine, on my first monitor (hdmi->dvi) I constantly get weird jumping green pixels. When I make a screenshot, they're not visible. So I tried to make a picture of it using my (crappy) camera. It's really blurry, but I think you can see the problem.
http://www.klein-informatica.nl/pixels.jpg

These green pixels constantly jump around. Anybody got an idea why these appear (and how to get rid of 'em)?

intru
February 24th, 2009, 08:43 PM
a small kick, I still have this effect and I'm unable to fix this.

When running aticonfig --initial=dual-head everything looks fine, but then I can't drag windows from one screen to the other.

Lloydus
November 1st, 2009, 01:06 AM
Hiya,

Did you every find a solution for this - I am encountering similar green pixels on my video files and images on my new upgrade to 9.10 Karmic Koala.

My resolution was also messed up but I was able to sort that out.

I would be really interested to hear if you were able to solve this problem?

intru
November 3rd, 2009, 01:39 PM
Hello Lloydus,

I've been able to fix this problem, it was driver related. For some time I just used 2 separate desktops, until the new ATI driver was released. I installed this driver manually, and all is working fine now.
I hope you can do something with this information.