PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] "Ghost" Icon Images Jump Out of Trash

Lunx
February 3rd, 2009, 04:31 PM
I think have discovered my first true bug and thought I better check out Forum and Launchpad to see if it's already been mentioned, or find out if others have seen this and know what I mean.

Yesterday I was messing about practicing managing files on command line and I created a few copies of docs, images etc and moved them around my system before sending them back to desktop. From there I did a bit of house keeping and used drag'n'drop to shift them to Trash before switching workspaces to do other stuff. On four or five seperate occasions I saw a faint, shadowy image come out of trash and flash across screen in exact opposite direction and back to where I'd originally. First time I didn't know what it was, but next occasions I could make out the images of folder icons and package icons, although they were faint and fast moving. Each time it happened it was around a minute or two after I'd actually dragged the file to trash. (Obviously nothing actually comes out of Trash and goes back to whence it came, just the ghost images) I tried this deliberately a couple of times and was able to get it it to do it each time I dragged and dropped, but right-clicking object with mouse and sending to trash did not cause it to happen. I tried logging out and back in, but it still occured. Did a reboot of computer and haven't noticed it again, can't replicate it either. Yesterday was first time I noticed this, no problems prior so I wonder if it had anything to do with last kernel update I installed yesterday morning?

BTW, using Gnome in Intrepid with enhanced visual effects enabled.

So would it be worth mentioning in Launchpad, or too trivial an issue to bother with (only had a brief look at Launchpad, not real sure on how much importance you need to place on something before bothering to report it?)