PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] A question about ship it

c933103
February 3rd, 2009, 09:42 AM
When I go to https://shipit.ubuntu.com/myrequest, I see the following things.
Shipped/Cancelled requests
1 CDs requested on 2008-11-25. 1 CDs were approved and sent to the shipping company on 2008-12-01. Please note requests usually take from 4 to 6 weeks to deliver, depending on the country of shipping.
We can send you a CD free of charge, but it will take from six to ten weeks to deliver, so you may prefer to download the CD image and record it yourself.
I am in HK and I still cannot recieve the CD. How long I have to wait for the CD?

randytan
February 3rd, 2009, 12:07 PM
I ordered mine last year and I'm still waiting. :(

My colleague asked for a copy later than I did and his copy already arrived!

I changed my address to the office so hopefully my copy is already on it's way and not lost like the first one.

Hope you already received yours.

marcgh
February 3rd, 2009, 12:34 PM
Hi ordered mine on 12 January and received it on 22 January, office address.
I was really amazed!

c933103
February 4th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Would my CD take so long time to arrive because of the distance to transport? Because the distance from HK to USA is over 10000 miles.

OrangeCrate
February 4th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Would my CD take so long time to arrive because of the distance to transport? Because the distance from HK to USA is over 10000 miles.

That's too long I would guess. My suggestion would be to order another one, and add a comment about the first order being missing.

(I had one go missing a year or so ago, and that worked for me.)

Therion
February 4th, 2009, 08:02 PM
ShipIt sends CD's out from a variety of locations globally.

Canonical itself has it's Headquarters on the Isle of Man (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Man).

As I understand it, ShipIt has large distribution centers all over that get big shipments of CD's for more localized distribution. Your closest (to HK) distribution center could be out of CD's at the moment and be waiting for more from Canonical or ... Whatever. It's The Mail; nobody really understands The Mail.