PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] how access non linux part of USB STICK ?

lse123
February 3rd, 2009, 06:50 AM
I want to make a KUBUNTU USB:
well, if i choose linux use half space when make of USB STICK from live CD, it will created two drive letters in USB STICK eg e:/ and g:/ or... ? how access non linux part of USB STICK ?

lse123
February 3rd, 2009, 04:57 PM
if i choose half stick i make two partitions , one linux and one unused like a hard drive ? may install in one kubuntu and to other ubuntu ? only one partition may boot the first or i have choice between the two ?

dstew
February 3rd, 2009, 06:46 PM
What are you trying to do? Do you want to make a USB stick with a Live CD image, so you can use it to install, or a persistent system, that you can use as an operating system? Do you have a particular How-To that you are trying to follow?

lse123
February 3rd, 2009, 09:50 PM
i alreay make an ubuntu stick living free space 5gb/16gb, well may use the 5gb ? may install kubuntu in 5gb and choose between during boot from usb ?

dstew
February 4th, 2009, 01:13 AM
You should be able to make a dual-boot USB stick. I don't know if 5 Gb is enough space. Do you boot the Ubuntu with grub?

lse123
February 8th, 2009, 06:59 PM
"Do you boot the Ubuntu with grub?"
i do not knoe=w i just make it from free cdrom 8.10 ...

are you sure i may choose, in a DUAL BOOT USB Stick, or not only one boot able do ?

zerofool2005
February 9th, 2009, 12:12 PM
From what I can see. He wants a persistant install on his USB with a dualboot bootloder also installed. To allow him to boot something else that is on his usb.