View Full Version : Auto-Expire removes all LiveTV recordings

February 2nd, 2009, 06:22 AM
Hi all,

I've been running Mythbuntu 8.10 for around 3 months. So far I'm really impressed.

However the problem I have is a little strange......

Auto-Expire is enabled as per default, but the problem is when I want to keep a LiveTV recording by choosing 'Do Not Expire' it removes the files anyway.

Any suggestions?

February 2nd, 2009, 05:25 PM
Do you also move it from the LiveTV group?

What are your settings like in the setup screens?

February 3rd, 2009, 01:23 AM
Well I have just tried moving from the LiveTV group......didn't know that I had to do that as well.

All the settings are pretty standard.....haven't changed any of the AutoExpire settings.

February 3rd, 2009, 05:22 PM
From what I understand the LiveTV recording group is set to expire after 24 hours (or whenever the hard drive is nearly full). If you're actively watching a show and you want to save it, hitting the record button usually moves it from the Live TV group as if you had scheduled it to originally. Although if you're watching a show and you decide AFTER the show end time has passed, it will only record the current section and you will have to go back and move it from the Live TV group.

February 4th, 2009, 01:47 AM
Thanks it worked!

Just moved out of the LiveTV group and it didn't delete. I wish I had of known sooner........but its all good now.