PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here a conlanger?

Kopachris
February 2nd, 2009, 05:55 AM
If you are one, you'll know what the word "conlanger" means. :P If your not, well, it's a noun portmanteau of the verb "construct" and the noun "language". I've currently got one conlang in the works that I haven't worked on in a while. You can find it here (http://conlang.wikia.com/wiki/Cinoktan). I originally created it for a fictional alien race I was working on. After I get some of my other projects worked on, I might get back to Cinoktan. If I don't get back to Cinoktan, I might go ahead and make an artificial language meant to be used by humans; an auxiliary language, like Esperanto or Volapük, but it'll make more sense. :)

Soo... Does anyone else on the Ubuntu Forums make up languages (complete with grammar, syntax, alphabet, and vocabulary) for fun?

vikramaditya
February 2nd, 2009, 07:19 AM
nuqjatlh? Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam qoSlIj DatIvjaj 'arlogh Qoylu'pu'? Sujatlh 'e' yImev! bI'rel tlharghDuj boqHa''egh DenIbya' Qatlh. \\:D/

Kopachris
February 2nd, 2009, 02:18 PM
nuqjatlh? Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam qoSlIj DatIvjaj 'arlogh Qoylu'pu'? Sujatlh 'e' yImev! bI'rel tlharghDuj boqHa''egh DenIbya' Qatlh. \\:D/
Interesting... Klingon-based, or just Klingon? Either way, you'll have to translate for me, I'm afraid.

Giant Speck
February 2nd, 2009, 02:30 PM
I have enough trouble with my native language (English) and my recently-acquired language (Russian).