PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] password-less login

westea49
February 1st, 2009, 10:35 PM
I am somewhat embarrassed about a password-less login that I have created. I have installed ubuntu on three different laptops, just to get some experience with the installation, and was very happy with the installation process. I have some wireless issues with my older laptops that I am playing with but all three installations were so easy that I wondered why anyone would not jump the Windows ship. My only problem is: somehow I set one of the laptops to a password-less login. I decided I should fix this before some IT expert at my company writes me up for a security violation. I have been searching for some clue on how to fix this without reloading ubuntu but????

boof1988
February 1st, 2009, 11:10 PM
I use Ubuntu 8.04 and this is how it can be done on my machine:

System >> Administration >> Login Window

This brings up Login Window Preferences. Chose the Security tab and then Uncheck the box for Enable Automatic Login.

Of course if you have a different distro, this may not be the correct menu path.

Partyboi2
February 1st, 2009, 11:11 PM
If you have the laptop set to automatic login you can change this by going to Login Windows (System>Admin>Login Windows) and on the security tab untick the box under "Enable Automatic Login"