PDA

View Full Version : Best movie ever made-- Ghost in the shell 2.0

eragon100
February 1st, 2009, 08:58 PM
This movie is incredible! The story is absolutely unbelievably awesome, the animation is incredible, the more philosopical elements/remarks will keep you thinking for hours, the sound and music is awesome.

10/10 !!

Watch it!

This is an improved version of the first ghost in the shell movie (hece "2.0"). This anime + CGI combination (still mostly anime, don't worry, relax) was the most important source of inspiration for the creators of the matrix (!) After you have seen this movie, you can conclude that, at least for a large part, the matrix was a stupid ripp-off. And like most of the time, the original product is 10000 times better.

GO WATCH IT. NOW!!

kerry_s
February 1st, 2009, 09:32 PM
it's okay, don't watch it as much as i use to.

eragon100
February 1st, 2009, 09:33 PM
it's okay, don't watch it as much as i use to.

watch it as much as you used to? It's a movie, not a series, right?

Namtabmai
February 1st, 2009, 09:35 PM

There was a ghost in the shell series but I could never get into it.

Ghost in the Shell is an awesome movie, as is #2. Some brilliant stories lines that really do give a bit of food for thought, but "best movie ever made" is a bit of a stretch.

RichardLinx
February 2nd, 2009, 02:16 AM
There's a movie I haven't seen in a while. To be honest I thought the series was better. The movies were great as well though.

@eragon100, If you liked the movie then you will likely enjoy the series as well.

adamlau
February 2nd, 2009, 02:18 AM
Better even than South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut? I think not ;) .

RiceMonster
February 2nd, 2009, 03:32 AM
Better even than South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut? I think not ;) .

eh, not really comparable...

jrusso2
February 2nd, 2009, 03:37 AM
I guess Star Wars and the Godfather and Jaws, Citizen Kane and Gone with the Wind are now out of the running.

kerry_s
February 2nd, 2009, 03:37 AM

there's a couple of movies and the tv series, ani-friday's it's called, they do different kinds of animae, late friday nites, is when it plays here in hawaii.

oops, my bag, it's no ani-mondays.

Trail
February 2nd, 2009, 11:14 AM
Ghost in the Shell as a whole is awesome.

The original movie was incredible. The second movie was also very good (but I still 'prefer' the first one, the second seemed kinda shallow a bit). Both Stand Alone Complex series were awesome. I got a feeling of being "full" somehow after watching it. Very well made, complex, rational, engaging. Couldn't ask for more (well, wouldn't mind a third season tbh).

Besides, the soundtrack is easily the best soundtrack ever made. Yoko Kanno for the win.

Giant Speck
February 2nd, 2009, 11:44 AM
Wait. Is this a new movie? As in brand new? As in newer than Ghost In the Shell: Solid State Society?

EDIT: Nevermind. I looked it up. It's just a remastering of the original.

eragon100
February 2nd, 2009, 07:51 PM
Ghost in the Shell as a whole is awesome.

The original movie was incredible. The second movie was also very good (but I still 'prefer' the first one, the second seemed kinda shallow a bit). Both Stand Alone Complex series were awesome. I got a feeling of being "full" somehow after watching it. Very well made, complex, rational, engaging. Couldn't ask for more (well, wouldn't mind a third season tbh).

Besides, the soundtrack is easily the best soundtrack ever made. Yoko Kanno for the win.

Okay then, I will watch the series after I am finished watching full metal alchemist (which is great too) :popcorn: