PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] reloading 8.10

DavidMS
February 1st, 2009, 08:53 PM
I have recently purchased a new HP Tablet/laptop with Vista and want to make it a dual boot system. I downloaded 8.04 to a CD and ran it. Then using Vista removed it from the hard disk to have a clean computer. Then I started to download wubi and when the password screen displays and asks for a password I used my old password. Then it tells me passwords do not match. There are no options for entering new passwords that I can find. Any ideas ?

Dave S

ajgreeny
February 1st, 2009, 09:30 PM
I have recently purchased a new HP Tablet/laptop with Vista and want to make it a dual boot system. I downloaded 8.04 to a CD and ran it. Then using Vista removed it from the hard disk to have a clean computer. Then I started to download wubi and when the password screen displays and asks for a password I used my old password. Then it tells me passwords do not match. There are no options for entering new passwords that I can find. Any ideas ?

Dave S
Sorry, but you have lost me slightly. Did you actually install to the hard disk the first time, or did you use wubi within windows? Did you then uninstall wubi from within windows and then try to reinstall ubuntu with wubi? If so it seems that there may be some configuration files left somewhere from your first ubuntu, but as I know nothing about wubi, I don't think I can help further. Wait for mare responses to your question before you go further and perhaps mess things up even more.